Model 512 DOA DIY Experimenters Universal Adapter Kit
Updated July 7th, 2012
Model 512 Datasheet and Instructions PDF
Model 512 Purchase Online
Model 512 DIY Experimenters Adapter Kit
The Model 512 DIY Adapter Kit allows the user to assemble several types of adapters and the kit includes all the components the experimenter might need for the given application. There are 5 primary applications this adapter kit addresses.
1. The 512 allows you to use a regular DIP8 monolithic single “741 pinout” type integrated circuit op-amp where a 990/2520 footprint device would normally be used. Note however, that this is not a substitute for discrete op-amps where the load presented at the output of the op-amp requires high-current drive capability. This includes driving output transformers. Where high-current drive is not an issue, the 512 will allow the user to experiment with different opamps.
2. The 512 allows you to use a standard SO8 monolithic single “741 pinout” type SMT integrated circuit op-amp where a 990/2520 footprint device would normally be used. Again note however, that this is not a substitute for discrete op-amps where the load presented
at the output of the op-amp requires high-current drive capability. This includes driving output transformers. Where high-current drive is not an issue, the 512 will allow the user to experiment.
3. The 512 was originally designed to adapt the Sonic Imagery Labs 99XEnh-Ticha discrete opamp line to a standard DIP8 single “741 pinout” type footprint.
4. The idea of making the 512 a universal adapter came about years ago when we had a client who wanted to use our 99XEnh-Ticha discrete opamps in ADM (Audio Designs and Manufacturing Inc.) gear. Not sure how much of this equipment is still in use, but we added the pin locations to allow the experimenter to do it if the need arises.
5. Everyone likes to tinker. The array of holes at the top of the 512 PCB is there for the experimenter to solder his/her own circuit into. Once your own circuit is built, you can wire it such that your creation can plug into a 990/2520 style footprint, ADM footprint or DIP8 footprint.
Depending on the adapter type, the user has the option of installing either the SMT or leaded power supply decoupling capacitors.
specifications subject to change without notice. The information
provided herein is believed to be reliable; however; Sonic Imagery Labs
assumes no responsibility for inaccuracies or omissions. Sonic Imagery
Labs does not warrant or authorize any Sonic Imagery Labs products for
use in life support devices and/ or systems.
LoadingWe are an AES member
Member of NAMM
Sonic Imagery Labs
Click the eBay logo
to see special items
we might have for sale
|home | news | products | app notes | support | ordering info | resellers | wall of fame | contact | links
© 2012 Sonic Imagery Labs
Created by Sonic Imagery Labs
PO Box 20494, Castro Valley, California, 94546
voice: 510-728-1146 fax: 510-727-1492